Warning : Boring stuff, with no point. Do not read!
Oct 19th 2011 : Conjecture Girl is born.
Oct 19th 2012 : First annual review.
Total number of posts : 41
- Should-not-have-been-written posts : 1 ()
- Silly posts : 2 ()
- Even-I-don’t-want-to-read-it-again posts : 5 ()
- Toooooooooo-long posts : 3 ()
- OK-no-harm posts : 2 ()
- Could-have-been-written-better posts : 9 ()
- Pretty-good posts : 10 ()
- Oh-I-love-those-words posts : 9 ()
On-Target posts (last two categories) : 19 of 41 = 46% – Pretty good.
Spot-on posts (last category) : 9 of 41 = 22% – Awesome by personal standards! [collar up B-) ]
Over all : Good going!
SWOT Analysis :
- I can Write – in ways that me and others want to read! – Yoo hoo!
- I can write sort of, almost, kinda, may be, in a way ‘poetry’. Who’d have thought? B-)
- Tendency to rant – still there.
- Tendency to find analogies for everything – has to be fought with.
- Tendency to twist & sophisticate stuff – does creep up & show up often.
- Tendency to repeat a single style – of starting consecutive lines with the same phrase 😛 😐 [rolls eyes]
- As always : The more weird people & ‘society’ behaves, the more I get to write about.
- Somebody called supervisor – the day he finds out that I have found yet another way to divert time & effort away from where he wants those directed at. Ok, ok – no blame game. Guilt – just my own guilt about losing focus.
- Writing effectively and elegantly is just like teaching effectively and elegantly.
- Writing effectively and elegantly is not that scary or frustrating. I can enjoy this. And I can learn to do better.
- Writing research papers is just like writing blogs – same emphasis on structure, conciseness and driving the point home – with precision added to that. Voila! Writing up research is no longer frustrating. I can enjoy that. And I can learn to do better.
- I am at peace when not running a race, competing, playing the numbers game. I write best when I am at peace. I should apply the same to research.
- Anonymity + Arrogant behavior of will-not-comment-unless-the-post-makes-me & no promoting blog + Stubbornly refusing to follow ‘blogging tips’ about including pictures, tagging properly, back-scratching-commenting etc = Quality readers, whose feedback I can trust. B-) 🙂 B-) @Anybody who says – “but you do not have decent traffic!!” : “ROTFL, LOL, LMAO – My priorities are very different kid! [smug grin]”
To Do :
- Learn to write when “not in the mood” too – once in a while.
- Learn to write on a topic on demand – from myself – once in a while.
Pyaasa‘s Gulabo was right about her ‘knowing’ the poet Vijay..
The blogosphere proves to do the same – makes you think you know someone because you have known their thought process and attitude and there is nothing left to know about them. Irrespective of how many comments are exchanged, I can say that about : Psych Babbler, My Era, The Girl Next Door, She Who Must Not be Named, Arch of Myriad Hues and Shobhit of Mindzpeak.
That makes me wonder..
Given that I have no personal posts out here, how much has Conjecture Girl inadvertently revealed about her alter-ego? To people who have no clue about the alter-ego? 😉
CGirl is a quite likeable infant! ;D